Introduction to setting up a Company in Estonia
When you create a company in Estonia, you are accessing one of the most liberal foreign trade business atmospheres in the world. There are few truly perfect spots for international incorporation that offer what Estonia has to offer. With almost zero tariff and non-tariff obstacles, regulations and qualifications for International investors, it is no wonder the past few years have seen investors abroad clamouring to enjoy the incentives put in place by the business-savvy Estonian government.
What are the main requirements for an Estonian Company?
– The minimum authorized capital used to be EEK 40,000 (approx. EUR 2,550), however starting from February 1, 2023 shareholders, must estimate the amount of share capital that is required to establish and operate a given limited liability company, therefore effectively reducing the requirement to EUR 1.
– The Memorandum & Articles of Association of the subsidiary must be registered at the Business Register in Estonia.
– The minimum number of shareholders is one
– The resolution of the parent company detailing its decision to form the subsidiary
– A registered office in Estonia
The documents shown above are required for registration of the subsidiary in Estonia.
What are the accounting requirements of an Estonian Company?
The Estonian Companies Act obliges that annual financial accounts to be prepared . An annual audit is only required is the share capital exceeds EEK 400,000 (EUR 25,500).
A local serviced office is advisable, but not obligatory.
Please contact us in order to discuss your accounting requirements.
What incentives are available in Estonia?
These incentives run the gamut from outright cash bonuses to tax rates that are among the lowest in the EU. Why shouldn’t you create a company in Estonia and enjoy these and more awesome business benefits? And this mind-set pervades the overall corporate atmosphere as well, creating many attractive possibilities for the business pro or novice who decides to create a company in Estonia.
We will handle every aspect of the Company formation for you. Using our expert knowledge we can offer a company formation package in which we take care of company registration, issue of the certificates of registration, local directors, local representative and place of business in Estonia, tax registration, VAT registration, and translation of documents (if required).
Our unique one stop solution for all European formation requirements also offers formation packages to set up multiple companies. The benefits for establishing multiple companies include further increased exposure and global presence, and we can organise everything for you.
A summary of Estonian Corporate Taxes is available here.