Introduction to setting up a branch in Gibraltar
In Gibraltar the process of establishing a branch is regulated by the Companies House of Gibraltar. Gibraltar is a well established international business hub and as a result administrative procedures have been simplified, making setting up a branch in Gibraltar easier.
What are the accounting requirements for a Gibraltar Branch?
A Gibraltar branch is required to accounts annually along with an annual tax return.
Taxation for Gibraltar branches whose management and control in Gibraltar is the same as international business companies i.e. 12.5% on the net profit. If the management and control of the branch is outside of Gibraltar, all profits from the branch are exempt from tax.
International business branches are granted the same advantages as international business companies, i.e. low corporate tax rates on Gibraltar income, no corporation tax on foreign income, no capital gains tax, no withholding tax and no VAT.
What are the formalities regarding Gibraltar branches?
– A certified copy of the overseas corporation charter
– Memorandum and Articles of Association of the parent company
– A copy of the parent company’s Certificate of Good Standing
– The details of directors and secretary of the parent company
– The name and address of a Gibraltar branch representative
– A registered office address in Gibraltar
These documents must be submitted to the Companies House of Gibraltar in order for the branch to be registered.
All documents are required to be notarised, apostilled and translated into English by an official translator.
What office facilities are available when registering a branch?
There are two main types of office available in Gibraltar:
– Virtual offices provide off-site communication. Virtual offices in Gibraltar include a telephone, fax and mail forwarding facilities
– Serviced offices in Gibraltar, include all necessary business services and are ready for immediate occupation
We will handle every aspect of the branch formation for you. Using our expert knowledge we can offer a branch formation package in which we take care of branch registration, issue of the certificates of registration, local directors, local representative and place of business in Gibraltar, registrations and translation of documents (if necessary).
Our unique one stop solution for all European formation requirements also offers formation packages to set up multiple branches. The benefits for establishing multiple branches include further increased exposure and global presence, and we can organise everything for you.
A summary of Gibraltar Corporate Taxes is available here.